Topics and Treatments
Heart Disease – Cardiomyopathy Here are the five things I have learned to take which can prevent and reverse heart disease:
• CoQ10 – at least 150mgs per day
• Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) 5mgs per day
• Cod Liver Oil
• Iodine (preferably as Iodoral Iodine/Potassium Iodide) 50mgs per day
◦ Also take Selenium 200 mcgs per day
◦ B-Complex Vitamin high quality and dose
• You should also be checked for hypothyroidism and possibly take Armour Thyroid as treatment.
• Read “Hypothyroidism: Type 2” by Dr. Mark Starr to fully understand this disease and the treatment. Your current doctor is unlikely to go down this path with you.
My five step approach to reversing heart failure
1. Eliminate toxins.
◦ Most importantly have all mercury amalgam fillings removed by a dentist properly trained in this procedure. Research what you should do and take before and after the visit to your dentist. If he doesn’t give you a plan of attack, he probably isn’t trained in the dangers and safety of this procedure.
◦ Stop using any product or drinking any water or beverage containing fluoride.
◦ Eliminate aluminum which can be in baking powder, cookware or even aluminum foil. A few brands of baking powder do not contain aluminum.
2. Exercise. This does not mean a trip to a gym where you exercise to exhaustion. Take a brisk one mile walk daily. Do as much as you comfortably can.
3. Switch to a nutrient-dense diet. The best resource for this type of diet is “Nourishing Traditions” by Sally Fallon. The content of this book will surprise and challenge your beliefs regarding nutrition.
4. Hormone Balancing The best resource I have found to understand this is “The Miracle Of Natural Hormones” by Dr. David Brownstein. Heart Failure is often related to hypothyroidism, but the test given by your doctor may not catch the problem nor may the treatment be the most effective approach.
5. Nutrients please check my list of nutrients on this site for what I take and suggest others should take.